A rich chocolate mug cake that’s ready in less than 5 minutes!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
- 3 tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips, plus 2 teaspoons for garnish (can use regular or mini sized chips)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (or all purpose flour)
- ½ scoop Lovella Nutrition Whey Protein Concentrate, chocolate flavor
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- Optional garnishes: mint sprigs, coconut whipped cream or vanilla Greek yogurt
- Combine 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips and coconut oil in a large microwave-safe mug; heat in the microwave for 20 second increments until melted; stir to combine.
- Add the protein powder, flour, water, and baking soda into the chocolate mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add egg to the chocolate mixture; stir well.
- Heat in microwave until cake is cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of chocolate chips.
- Cool cake for about 2 minutes before eating. Top with garnishes if desired.